03 November 2007

Retarded Classes? Yes, Please.

So while I was in basic training I was given, oh I dunno, around 20 hours of driving time in a Humvee, that included driving at night with NODs (night vision goggles) and off-road. When I got to Fort Stewart, they made me a Humvee driver, so all I did was drive a humvee. Then earlier this week I went to like an agressive driving course where we ran cars off the road and stuff. Then this morning happened.

We woke up an hour before everyone else, put on all our gear and walked over to some tent for "Advanced Drivers Training." Ok, so let me start here, the up-armored humvee handles totally different from the humvee I've been driving in the States but after a few minutes you figure it out. So I'm thinking that this class today is going to be pretty cool.

The first sign that this was going to suck, was all of the people that don't drive humvees that went to the class with me. That should have alerted me something was wrong, but I just figured they were re-adjusting some of the other platoons. Then we got the brief on what we would do today. We would drive a half mile loop, and avoid 7 pot holes while maintaining a speed of 25mph. Are you serious?

About 150 of us finished the class today in 2 hours. They said yesterday they had a bunch of POGs and it took them 8 FREAKING HOURS. That makes me nervous. It's just like driving a car, but easier, cause NOTHING can hurt you. Whatever man, I'm over it. We're pretty much almost maybe done doing stuff. Now we just wait until we head up North, which is coming up, but no one really knows when. It's great.

So I'm dirty, I'm tired, I miss my Carlisle, and I am going to go take a shower. Until I get to the internet again, goodbye my precious readers.

OH! And send me some emails! It sucks checking your email and not having any. xsouthernx@gmail.com

No comments: