11 January 2008

Snow in Iraq?

Yep. According to the news, for the first time in 100 years it snowed in Baghdad today.

But let me tell you something. Snow in Iraq is only cool for about....5 minutes. Then the WHOLE COUNTRY turns to mud. Not cool like watery mud. No..this stuff is like cement. It sticks to everything. And it's like driving on ice. And the heater in my humvee is downright pathetic. So pretty much all day I was freezing to death.

In other news, those of you who watch CBS nightly news saw us yesterday (Thursday). Apparently they did like a huge story on the squadron. I was around the reporters, but never got on camera or anything like that. Just pretty cool that we made the news. I don't know what the story was. Hopefully they told it right. There's been a lot of blood shed for this place. And we've only been here for 2 months.

I just went back and re-read some of my entries. Dr. Burch, if you ever read any of these, I'm sorry, I know there's a lot of comma splices.

No comments: