28 December 2007

Believe it or Not, It's Working!

Today I went to Baghdad, like the city. And this war is working. It was amazing.

As soon as you cross the bridge over the Euphrates (which was rather awe inspiring I might add) it's like driving into a whole other world. On my side of the river, there's trash piled all along the road, no one goes out after dark, and everything in the road or next to it, just might be an IED. You cross the bridge, there's none of that. There's even streetlights!!

Baghdad was amazing. We all just like looked around in awe at how relaxed it was..and everyone there looked at us like aliens. We stuck out like sore thumbs though. We're walking around with our IBAs (bullet proof vests) and night vision and rifles (yeah, these guys don't even have their weapons). It was weird. Made me proud to be a regular joe though. At least I earned the right to wear a combat patch and a CAB.

Yeah.

No comments: