30 December 2007

Sweet Tea!!

So today we went to a different FOB for one of our missions. We got to get out and walk around which was nice, cause usually our missions are pretty fast paced, but this one we got to relax, more so than we do on our own FOB.

Anyway, I spent about 3 hours sitting around and talking to the guys in my section and just being lazy. Right when we were getting ready to leave I was sitting in the truck reading a book (My War by Colby Buzzell, buy it. Read it. It is Iraq exactly.) and someone knocked on my window. Look out and all I can see is a can of Arizona Sweet Tea.

Now let me tell you all a little something about me and sweet tea. I'm sure most of you know me, but by now I'm aware that I have readers that don't know me at all (which is pretty gnarly!).

I LOVE SWEET TEA. End of story. I have a tattoo on the back of my arm that says "Sweet Southern Style" this comes straight off of the label from Arizona Sweet Tea cans. So as you can imagine, seeing a can of this in my window, I could hardly believe my eyes.

I have been going through withdrawals from sweet tea. It's terrible, back in the states I'd go through like a gallon a day (literally, at least a gallon) and I have had none since I October 24. And then today, out of nowhere, a can appears. It was the greatest thing to happen since I got to Iraq.

I got me some sweet tea. Today was a good day. Oh yeah and it's only 1640! We still got like another half hour of daylight, so who knows what can happen yet!

No comments: